Most Probably Bare Minimum Requirements:
- Scripture Memorisation
- Study (15, 6, 17 years)
* read through the Bible in one year
* Wisdom For Life Notebook
* Discovering Doctrine Notebook
- Devotional Reading – (15, 16, 17 years…choose half a dozen a year from following list, or at least make a start and determine to read them all eventually)
Herein Is Love, Volume 1 by Nancy Ganz
The God Who Is There by Fracis Schaeffer
Mere Christianity by C. S. Lewis
The Screwtape Letters by C. S. Lewis
Hind’s Feet on High Places by Hannah Hurnard
Stepping Heavenward by Elizabeth Prentiss
In His Steps by Charles Sheldon
The Pursuit of God by A W Tozer
Desiring God by John Piper
The Pleasures of God by John Piper
The Marks of a Christian by Francis Schaeffer
My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers
The Cost of Discipleship by Dietrich Boenhoffer
The Pursuit of Holiness by Jerry Bridges
The Practice of Godliness by Jerry Bridges
The Holiness of God by J. C. Sproul
The Practice of the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence
Knowing God by J. I. Packer
Foxe’s Book of Martyrs by John Foxe
- Read a book of the Bible every day for a month
- Learn Greek (eg http://www.ibiblio.org/koine/)
- Read What The Bible Is All About by Frances Blakenbaker
- Read The Story of Christianity by Michael Collins
- Read The Church of the East by John Stewart and John Holzmann
- Read The 100 Most Important Events in Church History by Curtis, Lang and Petersen
- Overview of major world religions (see below)
- Crossways or The Divine Drama course
- Interview people from different denominations
- Interest-directed Bible study
Overview of major world religions
Faith being studied:
Is it a religion or cult?
Who started it? When? Why?
Who or whatis the focal point of this faith?
Does this faith have its own book or teaching?
What beliefs does this group hold regarding…..God, Jesus Christ, Holy Spirit, sin, salvation, afterlife……?
What are some other major beliefs or practices of this group?
What attracts people to this way of believing?
Could you believe in their teachings? Why or why not?